JEREMY BRETT - A Forum for Fans & Admirers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

------

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Secret Of Seagull Island

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Martha Hudson

Martha Hudson

The Secret Of Seagull Island Empty
PostSubject: The Secret Of Seagull Island   The Secret Of Seagull Island EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 8:05 pm

When i first watched this film i had no idea what the film was all about. So i was thrilled to see the Italian countryside and it reminded me of my travels to Italy, Capri and Sciliy. And then i was awed at how very good Jeremy Brett played the baddie! He was a magnificent baddie! Very Happy I have not watched it in a while so i really must do this when i have some free time. I also liked the scuba diving scenes as i have had a go at scuba diving and really enjoyed it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Electric Blue Dress

Electric Blue Dress

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of Seagull Island   The Secret Of Seagull Island EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 3:17 pm

Yes, he was very good at playing the calculating bad guy. He had a swagger about him that allowed him to do so. So cool, so inconspicuous...

But the film itself is very good. It is a shame it is a B Movie, because in my opinion it shows off his acting talents perfectly, especially at the end when he reveals his split personality as David and Frederick.
Back to top Go down
Martha Hudson

Martha Hudson

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of Seagull Island   The Secret Of Seagull Island EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 6:35 pm

Yes indeed. I am hoping someday it will be released on DVD. Or Blue Ray as that seems to be taking over the DVD market these days. Wink
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of Seagull Island   The Secret Of Seagull Island EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 7:42 pm

It is a nice thought but to be honest I cannot see Seagull Island being released on Blu-Ray. A DVD would be nice... Blu-Ray would be a miracle.
Back to top Go down
https://jeremy-brett.forumotion.com
Electric Blue Dress

Electric Blue Dress

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of Seagull Island   The Secret Of Seagull Island EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:44 pm

Admin wrote:
It is a nice thought but to be honest I cannot see Seagull Island being released on Blu-Ray. A DVD would be nice... Blu-Ray would be a miracle.

Indeed. I completely agree. Seagull Island is a great film, but I suppose in the "film world" it is more or less considered a B-Movie. And yet although some B-Movies HAVE been released on Blu-Ray, I think it is probably highly unlikely in this case, namely because most people have never heard of it. It is a shame, because the story is good and the acting is good too. Of course JB's presence makes it even better! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of Seagull Island   The Secret Of Seagull Island Empty

Back to top Go down

The Secret Of Seagull Island
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
JEREMY BRETT - A Forum for Fans & Admirers :: Jeremy Brett & His Work :: Brett On The Silver Screen-
Jump to: