JEREMY BRETT - A Forum for Fans & Admirers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

------

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Deceptions (warning, contains Spoilers!)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sparkles

Sparkles

Deceptions (warning, contains Spoilers!) Empty
PostSubject: Deceptions (warning, contains Spoilers!)   Deceptions (warning, contains Spoilers!) EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 7:51 am

Last night I watched "Deceptions" for the very first time. I bought the DVD - although it is a copy - a while ago from a seller on Ebay; in fact I've had it for over a year, but I've never really found the time to watch it. Anyway last night I put it on. I knew the main threads of the story: two twins change places for a week because they are bored with their lives. The first named Sabrina, played by Stephanie Powers, trades her high-flying life to become her sister in America, living a normal and busy suburban life with her husband and three children. The sister, Rachel (I think her name was lol) goes to live the high life, and is absolutely carried away by the fancy cars and spa baths, and all the other gear. Jeremy plays Brian Foxworth, a London-based art dealer who's doing a bit of "extra business" on the side, importing drugs hidden in large expensive vases.

Anyway to cut a long story short, the sister from America finds out quite by accident after breaking a vase that the drugs are inside. She knows too much, and she is murdered on a yacht which is blown up by a bomb. And then she is buried, but she is buried as Sabrina, because that's who everyone thinks she is. Afterwards, the real Sabrina admits to her sister's husband that she is not her, and goes back to her high-life with Brian and the art world. But of course she knows nothing of the intrigues that Brian is playing, because she wasn't the one who found the drugs. She suspects someone else, and arranges it, along with Brian, to tell the police it is the other guy, so that he will be sent down.

If I am honest, that was the gist of the story for me, and I also admit that I fast forwarded through some of it because it was a longer picture than I expected. I thought in some parts it was a bit long in the tooth, to be honest, but the story was quite poignant, because it's one of those things that could actually happen. I mean, if two identical twins swapped places and got involved in things they shouldn't... I don't know if anyone else has watched it, but I would be interested to know your thoughts Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.bafta4jb.com
Martha Hudson

Martha Hudson

PostSubject: Re: Deceptions (warning, contains Spoilers!)   Deceptions (warning, contains Spoilers!) EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 8:25 pm

I have seen clips of this online but have never watched Deceptions in full. But i would very much like to! Cool From the clips i have seen online it looks really good! cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Deceptions (warning, contains Spoilers!)   Deceptions (warning, contains Spoilers!) EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 1:28 pm

Sparkles wrote:
If I am honest, that was the gist of the story for me, and I also admit that I fast forwarded through some of it because it was a longer picture than I expected. I thought in some parts it was a bit long in the tooth, to be honest, but the story was quite poignant, because it's one of those things that could actually happen. I mean, if two identical twins swapped places and got involved in things they shouldn't... I don't know if anyone else has watched it, but I would be interested to know your thoughts Smile

I agree very much with everything you have said here about this particular picture. It originally aired in two parts -as can be seen on the DVD- and I am of the opinion that the first half is ths most long-winded of the two. I suppose in a way it was necessary so that the viewer got the exact idea of what was going on, but yes... I agree when it is late and one doesn't realise how long it is, it is a bit of a surprise!
Back to top Go down
https://jeremy-brett.forumotion.com
Martha Hudson

Martha Hudson

PostSubject: Re: Deceptions (warning, contains Spoilers!)   Deceptions (warning, contains Spoilers!) EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 6:40 pm

I know Deceptions is available on DVD via Amazon and Play.com, but there are two DVDs you can choose from that i could find anyway. Which one do you think i should go for? scratch I'd like to buy one come pay day alongside an albumn i have in mind to buy as well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Deceptions (warning, contains Spoilers!)   Deceptions (warning, contains Spoilers!) EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 7:37 pm

Martha Hudson wrote:
I know Deceptions is available on DVD via Amazon and Play.com, but there are two DVDs you can choose from that i could find anyway. Which one do you think i should go for? scratch

It depends on what exactly you want. One of the discs is a two DVD set which contains two movies: "Deceptions" and "Anastasia". If you want just "Deceptions" on its own, you need to go for the one with the German title on the box.
Back to top Go down
https://jeremy-brett.forumotion.com
Electric Blue Dress

Electric Blue Dress

PostSubject: Re: Deceptions (warning, contains Spoilers!)   Deceptions (warning, contains Spoilers!) EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:45 pm

i've only seen this movie once but it was nice to see JB in a "modern role" of the 1980s. He played it very well, as always! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deceptions (warning, contains Spoilers!)   Deceptions (warning, contains Spoilers!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Deceptions (warning, contains Spoilers!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
JEREMY BRETT - A Forum for Fans & Admirers :: Jeremy Brett & His Work :: Brett On The Box-
Jump to: